Monday 30 March 2009

Continuing the railway theme ...





I have an old wood and copper printing plate for sale in This'n'That. Apparently it is from the line which Paul drove the engine on but predates its current title of South Devon Railway.

I understand that the line was originally owned by the same company as the Paignton to Kingswear railway and was then known as Dart Valley.

It's about 6 inches by 3 inches and will remain part of the shop's stock until I can find a railway enthusiast to buy it! Whilst on the theme of railway nostalgia I just have to show you one of the old classroom posters which are part of my shop's "trove"!!

This Railway Station poster comes from a set of 84 coloured posters which would have been found in 1940's / 50's classrooms.

In those days the classroom walls would have been adorned with posters from such series which reflected the seasons of the year, stories being read or perhaps the subject for a 'composition'. Nowadays, fortunately the children's work takes centre place on classroom walls.

I have collected quite a selection of these for sale in This'n'That including the Enid Blyton 'Nature Plates' which were illustrated by Eileen Soper.

1 comment:

  1. I adore these pics!
    Thanks for keeping the station poster for me..it will look wonderful in my study!
    I'll be down soon! ;-)

    ReplyDelete