Sunday 26 April 2009

"Gosh! How exciting! Lashings of Enid Blyton!"

Over a number of years I have collected, and sold in This'n'That, the Enid Blyton Nature Plates. There are sixty in the set and were followed by two books for teachers. One contained sixty nature lessons and the other contained sixty stories.
There were also a set of thirty 'Nature Readers' each featuring two stories from the set of pictures. They were originally published in 1945 and 1946.
Now, oh bliss, oh joy!! I have twenty- nine of the thirty readers.
no doubt they will end up in the shop once I have gone through the denial phase of thinking that I can continue to squeeze more 'stuff' into our over-filled home.







I have also found a quantity of "Enid Blyton's Magazine" from the 1950's. They were published fortnightly and contained serialised stories, letters, competitions etc.





4 comments:

  1. Oh the books and the magazines are so lovely. No wonder you are excited nearly completing your collection x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good old Enid Blyton! An all time favourite of mine, that's for sure!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I love finding vintage paper stuff - or "ephemera" as it likes to be known!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Enid Blyton. Love the stuff. I think a few of us identify with not wanting to part with our treasures. I love your blog, I don't know how I missed yer. SueX

    ReplyDelete